Here I present extra long camping cots for tall people, all above 210 cm (82.7 inches) in length. They are also very wide and with a great capacity so if you are a big person this is the text for you.
What this is about
Obviously, this text is about the longest cots on the market. The text will be regularly updated when new cots in this category appear on the market, so stay tuned.
The list below includes only the cots longer than 210 cm (82.7 inches), just to know what to expect. Some of them are military style cots with end bars, and these take a few centimeters of the effective useful length which you normally have. So to avoid pressure spots, bear this in mind when you see the length; check which type of cot this is and then see if the length is appropriate to you.
But some of them are without end bars and in such designs, the indicated length is indeed the full useful length. The cots with such a design are usually (but not always) with an instant setup, no assembly.
On the other hand, such long cots are also usually extra wide as well. So if you want a wide bed this is the place to check.
Extra long cots side by side
So here is the list of the cots for tall people ordered by the length from the longest to the shortest (which is 210 cm as I mentioned above):
All these cots are collapsible and nicely packable. Some of them are backpack-portable, can you believe this? Note, this list includes only single cots. If you need a double-wide camping cot for 2 people, please check my separate text.
1. ALPS Mountaineering Escalade Cot
This cot is built in two sizes, and as of the moment of writing this text, its XL version is the longest on the market. So you have 229 cm of length and there are no end bars here.
Note also that the cot is very wide, 35 inches (89 cm), so I have added it to my list of extra-wide camping cots. This is a folding construction, and this means all the elements are permanently attached to each other. It comes with a carry bag. You might want to know also that it is very affordable.
2. Eureka Camping Cot XL
This is the longest cot here but observe that its capacity is quite modest 300 lb (136 kg). This is a military-style cot with the typical X-shaped legs structure as you can see from the picture.
The fabric is 600D x 300D heavy-duty polyester with back-coating for durability. The cot comes with a carry bag included, and you also get a zippered pocket 18 x 8 inches (46 x 20 cm) to store small items for an easy access, see it in the picture above.
It assembles very quickly, all you have to do is to unfold it and to add the end bars, and the cot is ready. Note, there are some small differences in numbers on Amazon and those presented here which are directly from the Eureka brand site so they should be accurate.
- Weight: 24 lb 13 oz (11.3).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 86 x 40 x 21.5 in (218 x 102 x 55 cm).
- Packed size: 47 x 7.5 x 5 in (120 x 19 x 13 cm).
- This product comes with a lifetime warranty.
3. Slumberjack Big XL Cot
This is again a military-style, 300-pound rated cot with reinforced steel bars and an aluminum frame. It comes with a carrying bag to store easily.
You can store your gear in the storage loft attached underneath the cot visible in the picture above, so it is always close at hand. As you realize this is the longest cot on the market, together with the Eureka cot above..
See how it looks and how easy it is to assemble it:
- Includes: storage loft with mesh gear pocket, carry bag.
- Fabric: 600D x 300D Polyester.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 86 x 40 x 20 inches (218 x 102 x 51 cm).
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds (136 kg).
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime.
There is yet another cot from the same brand with a similar name the Slumberjack Big Cot which is the same size but with a bigger capacity and built in a different style. It is described in my detailed review so please follow the link.
4. AMENITIES DEPOT Memory Foam 6-Leg Foldable Camping Cot
This is one of the longest cots on the market with the bed size 85.6 x 39 inches (217 x 99 cm). As you realize, it is also very wide and I have included it in my list of extra-wide cots.
The cot is also nicely padded, you have a thick memory foam layer so you do not need a sleeping pad. Yet another useful feature here is that the legs are telescopic. This means that you can extend them and make the bed flat even if you are forced to use it on a sloped terrain in the camp.
The structure is folding so making it ready is easy and fast, you simply unfold it in one move. Note that it is a bit heavy, it weighs 22.7 lb (10.3 kg), but this is normal for such a size and type.
5. Alps Mountaineering Camp Cot XL
This is an extra large military style cot with a simple and sturdy design. However, it is quite lightweight as you will see from the specifications below. You have a bonus storage pouch attached to the side of the cot.
All Alps Mountaineering Cots are described in my separate text, so please follow this link to see more.
- Weight: 19 lb (8.6 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 86 x 40 x 22 in (216 x 102 x 56 cm).
- Packed size: 49 x 9 x 5 in (124 x 23 x 13 cm).
6. Browning Camping Titan Cot XP
Here you have the bed and frame that look like a military-style cot, so you have the two end bars visible in the picture below. But its legs structure is different, so this is a particularly sturdy construction.
The legs are angled and this prevents the cot from “rocking”, while its telescoping support in the center makes the cot even stronger than the X-legs in the military-style cots. Observe also the cross bars which support the legs.
The fabric is 600D polyester, and the frame is aluminum with sturdy steel connectors. It folds up easily and fits into a carry bag so it transports and stores easily when not in use.
Stand out features
- Two side pockets and one of them is detachable, to use as a toiletry bag in the camp.
- A large Velcro pillow pocket section where you can put clothes to create a pillow or a headrest at the height you prefer if you do not carry a pillow. Really cool.
All these features you can see in this video, please have a look:
- Weight: 20.5 lb (9.3 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 85 x 40 x 21 in (216 x 102 x 53 cm).
- Zippered carry bag: 48 x 9 x 5 in (122 x 23 x 13 cm).
- Weight capacity: 450 lb (205 kg).
- Detachable side pocket.
- Large “pillow” pocket.
- 600D polyester fabric.
- Pro-Tec powder-coated aluminum frame.
7. Ozark Trail XXL Weather-Resistant Deluxe Cot
This text is about extra long cots, so first a few words about the dimensions of this Ozark Trail cot. This is a really large cot for tall people and for those who want extra space, the bed size is 85 x 42.1 inches (216 x 107 cm).
The weight capacity matches the size nicely, the bed can support the users with a weight of up to 500 lb (227 kg).
The construction is military-style so the bed comes preassembled. The only thing you have to do is to unfold it and then to add two end-bars. They have added a pivoting arm which makes adding the second end-bar easy and without force. In addition, there are also locking mechanism for extra stability.
8. Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Cot
This is probably the best known and the most popular cot here. Do you know that there are more than 1200 customers’ reports on Amazon for this great cot? This is an iconic design, and a great combination of the size, capacity, and price.
This cot serves as the platform for the Teton Sports Outfitter tent. It is presented in detail in my separate text together with the Teton Sports Outfitter Tent, so please follow the link to see more.
- Weight: 26 lb (11.8 kg).
- Size (L x W x H): 85 x 40 x 19 in (216 x 102 x 48 cm).
- Packed size: 42 x 12 x 7 in (107 x 31 x 18 cm).
9. Teton Sports Universal Cot
This is a bit different design from its more famous cousin above, so the legs are X-shaped instead of the S-shape design in the Outfitter cot. It has been on the market for a number of years already and it has stood the test of the time. This is a reliable camping bed with a very reasonable price tag.
- Weight: 24 lb (10.9 kg).
- Capacity: 400 lb (181 kg).
- Dimensions: 85 x 32 x 19 in (216 x 81 x 48 cm).
- Packed size: 42.5 x 8.5 x 5.5 in (108 cm x 22 x 14 cm).
10. Texsport Black Bear Colossal Folding Camp Cot
I think they have used appropriate words in the name of this cot, it is indeed colossal with its dimensions of 85 x 40 inches (216 x 101.6 x 52 cm). This is why I have included it also in my list of extra wide cots.
The capacity of this cot is also impressive as everybody else, so it can support up to 400 lb (181 kg). Please see more in my separate text.
11. Byer of Mine Heritage Cot
Believe it or not, but this is the only wooden cot on the market, or at least, I have not seen any other cot of this type.
Although built from wood, this is a very stable and strong structure, and completely collapsible. The setup is the same as in any other X-frame shaped military cot. The carry bag is very nicely designed and in the color that matches the wood of the cot.
- Weight: 24 lb (10.9 kg).
- Capacity: 375 lb (170 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 84 x 30 x 18 in (213 x 76 cm x 46 cm).
- Packed size: 41 x 5 x 5 in (104 x 13 x 13).
12. Byer of Mine Military Cot
The only difference between this cot and its cousin above is the material, and this is reflected in the weight. So the cot is in the same military style. The length is impressive, with 213 cm it is in the middle of the range which you have here in the list.
Note that you have Velcro tabs for adjustable deck tension, and the cot comes with a bonus gear pouch on the side. The carry bag is included as you see from the picture.
- Weight: 20 lb (9.07 kg).
- Capacity: 375 lb (170 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 84 x 30 x 18 in (213 x 76 x 46 cm).
- Folded dimensions (L x W x D): 43 x 9 x 5 in (109 x 23 x 13 cm).
13. Guide Gear XL Magnum Cot
Here you have a great combination of the size, capacity, and price. It looks like a military cot, so the end bars are here and they take a few centimeters, but the legs’ design is different and more sophisticated.
Observe also the width which is impressive, you have almost one meter here. It is incredible that it costs only around $90.
- Weight: 31.3 lb (14.2 kg).
- Capacity: 600 lb (272 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 84 x 39 x 20 in (213 x 99 x 51 cm).
- Packed size: 45 x 9 x 7 in (114 x 23 x 18 cm).
14. Coleman Big-N-Tall Cot
This is a very simple design, a typical military-style cot with the usual assembly which only implies unfolding it and adding the two end bars. The 213 length and the 89 widths make a great sleeping platform even for extremely heavy people. The capacity of this cot is 600 lb, so this is in the top group with respect to this feature.
This Coleman cot comes with a particularly nicely designed carry bag. Please see more in my detailed review.
- Weight: 35.2 lb (16 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 84 x 35 x 16.5 in (213 x 89 x 42 cm).
- Packed size: 43.3 x 11 x 5.5 in (110 x 28 x 13 cm).
- Capacity: 600 lb (272 kg).
15. Kamp Rite Oversize Kwik Cot
This is the first cot here without end bars, and this is what makes it different from the cots presented above. So its length is a fully useful length, and you have 213 cm here.
Note also that this is an instant setup, so you just unfold it and the bed is ready, there is nothing to assemble here.
The Kamp Rite Oversise cot comes with side storage pouches on both sides. Would you believe that its price is only around $74?
- Weight: 23 lbs (10.4 kg).
- Capacity: 350 lbs (159 kg).
- Setup size (L x W x H): 84 x 33 x 22 in (213 x 84 x 56 cm).
- Folded size (L x W x H): 41 x 7 x 8 in (104 x 18 x 20 cm).
16. Oasis Big Grizzly Cot
This is a collapsible type cot and so-called roll-up type, which means that the sidebars’ segments remain in the sleeves when you pack the cot, but you just disengage them so that the packed size is small.
The legs are bars, so this cot will not sink in the ground regardless of where you use it, and this is a floor-friendly construction. It is here on the list because of its impressive length, but it is also quite wide, see the numbers below.
- Weight: 12 lb (5.4 kg).
- Capacity: 325 lb (147 kg).
- Dimensions: 84 x 32 x 9 in (213 x 81 x 32 cm).
- Packed size: 30 x 6 x 4 in (76 x 15 x 10 cm).
17. Portal 83 Heavy Duty Cot
Being one of many military-type cots here, this Portal Cot is not unique, but it comes with a very good price tag. It is available in two nice colors. They describe it as portable and indeed it is, but just to short distances, you need a car for such a cot.
- Weight: 23.5 lb (10.7 kg).
- Capacity: 350 lb (159 kg).
- Size (L x W x H): 83 x 30.5 x 19 in (211 x 77 x 48 cm).
- Packed size: 42 x 8.6 x 4.3 in (107 x 22 x 11 cm).
18. Texsport King Kot Giant Easy Set-Up
The name of this cot tells you a lot. You have a great length and width here, 83 x 35 inches (211 x 89 cm) bed size. As you realize from the picture below, this is a military-style tool, so you have to add those two end bars which give it the needed stability.
- Weight: 20 lb (9.07 kg).
- Capacity: 350 lb (159 kg).
- Size (L x W x H): 83 x 35 x 20 in (211 x 89 x 51 cm).
- Packed size: 36 x 10 in (91 x 25 cm).
19. Timber Ridge Deluxe XL Camp Cot
This is one of the cots without end bars, and in addition to this, it is without assembly. So you just spread it like an umbrella. Its 6 legs are supported with crossbars, and the legs on the two ends are pointed outwards. Such a structure is very stable and the cot doesn’t shake when you turn on the bed.
The frame is all steel and the cot is quite high, so if used in a larger camping tent you can put lots of stuff underneath it and save the space for other things.
- Weight: 24.7 lb (11.2 kg).
- Capacity: 300 lb (136 kg).
- Size (L x W x H): 83 x 31 x 20 in (211 x 79 x 51 cm).
- Packed size: 40 x 7 x 5.5 in (102 x 18 x 14 cm).
20. Helinox Cot Max
This is a very special cot in the list here and there are several reasons for this. It is exceptionally lightweight when compared to the other cots here, so you have only 2.7 kg (5.9 lb). This makes it a backpack-portable cot and I have included it in this category here in the site.
See also its incredible packed size to realize that you can easily attach it to a backpack. So this cot is very much suitable for very tall hikers. But if you need something ultra lightweight of this type, for hikers and backpackers, please check this text.
On the other hand, it is collapsible and it needs assembly because of its legs, sidebars, and the bed deck, which are all separate. But the assembly is really easy and done in a couple of minutes and without any tool.
Observe also its height – it is such that you can use it even in the lowest solo bivy tents. There are no end bars, just to know, so you have 210 cm of true length here. But see the price…
- Weight: 5.9 lb (2.7 kg).
- Size (L x W x H): 82.7 x 29.5 x 6.3 in (210 x 75 x 16 cm).
- Packed size: 23 x 6.3 in (58 x 16 cm).
- Capacity: 320 lb (145 kg).
21. OzTent King Goanna Camping Cot
This King Goanna is a large cot and this is why it is in the list here. What you have here is a collapsible design and when you pack it, it fits in the carry bag shown in the picture. The packed size is 41.3 x 6.7 x 5.9 inches (105 x 17 x 15 cm), so you need a car when you transport it to your camping place.
The dimensions are 82.7 x 31.5 inches (210 x 80 cm). Note also that this is a padded cot, you have 1 cm of padding which gives some insulation and with this, you can manage without a sleeping pad.
You might want to know that they give a 5-year warranty for this cot. Please follow the link for more.
So to conclude this review of extra-long camping cots for tall people, as you see you have two main groups:
- the military-style cots which need some simple assembly, and,
- the group of the instant cots without end bars and without assembly.
The Helinox Cot Max is something totally different, the only truly backpack portable cot for very tall people, but it is by far the most expensive cot here in the list.
The length is obviously great for all of them, and many of them are very similar, so this may all be about small details and the price. The weight is not essential here because you will use them at places with a motorized access.
Thank you for reading. I hope the text has been useful to you. In the case of questions or comments please use the comment box below. I wish you a nice day.