In this text I give an overview of the best double cot tents on the market. All are either collapsible or foldable tent cots, built for an easy transport and with a very simple setup.
First about terminology
If you are not familiar with the terminology, these are tools with a tent sitting on a cot. In some cases, both the tent and the cot can be used separately, and together, so these are 3-in-1 tools. but some even more functionality so you could describe them as 4-in-1 or even 5-in-1 items.
You will see the term tent-cots and cot-tents used, so just to know, they are describing the same sort of items.
My List Of Best Double Tent Cots
Here is the list, the items are given in alphabetical order so the numbers are not for ranking.
In the sections below, I give only some basic descriptions of the items. They are described in detail in my separate reviews, so please follow the links to read more.
For each cot-tent in the list, I give only a few key features which distinguish it from the rest.
1. Cabela’s Double Tent Cot
This is one of the first tent-cots that appeared on the market years ago. With a steel frame and 1500 mm waterproofness rating, this is a reliable outdoor tool that will work as expected, and you will have full protection from elements.
This is a foldable type, so in the packed state it remains quite large and you will need space in the car to transport it.
- This is the largest of the tent-cots presented here.
- But it is also with the lowest tent of all items here.
- Weight: 56 lb (24.4 kg).
- Weight capacity: 450 lb (204 kg).
- Exterior size (L x W x H): 88 x 56 x 38 in (224 x 142 x 96 cm).
- Folded size (L x W x H): 55.5 x 35 x 9 in (141 x 89 x 23 cm).
- Carry bag size (L x W x H): 56 x 36 x 9.5 in (142 x 91 x 24 cm).
2. Kamp-Rite Compact Double Tent Cot
This is a collapsible tent cot, so it packs to a relatively small size with only one larger dimension. This is good both for transport and for storage at home.
This is also 3-in-1 type, which means that both the cot and the tent can be used separately and together.
- This is a collapsible double cot.
- The tent you have here is the tallest of all.
- You have a three-in-one tool.
- Weight: 42 lb (19.5 kg).
- Capacity: 500 lb (227 kg).
- Cot size (L x W x H): 85 x 55 x 19 in (216 x 140 x 48 cm).
- Tent size (L x W x H): 85 x 55 x 41 in (216 x 140 x 104 cm).
- Folded size: 45 x 12 x 12 in (114 x 31 x 31 cm).
3. Kamp-Rite Double Tent Cot
This is a very strong and stable structure with an aluminum frame and exceptionally easy to set up. It can easily be converted into a lounge chair which you can use that way during the day.
Note also that you can use it just as a cot within a standard big camping tent. This tent cot is similar to the Cabela’s model above, but the significant difference is in the roof. Here you have two poles added, as you can see in the picture above which shows the tent cot without the fly (which is included of course). So the ceiling is higher and the volume inside is increased, see more in the specifications below.
- Weight: 51 lb (23.13 kg).
- Capacity: 500 lb (227 kg).
- Cot size (L x W ): 84 x 53 in (213 x 135 cm).
- Tent size (L x W x H): 84 x 53 x 40 in (213 x 135 x 102 cm).
- Folded size (L x W x H): 56 x 34 x 8 in (142 x 86 x 20 cm).
4. Outsunny Compact Pop Up Portable Folding Outdoor Elevated Camping Cot Tent Combo Set
This Outsunny product is a complete sleeping system that includes:
- A double size cot.
- A two-person single-layer floorless tent.
- An inflatable air mattress with a pump.
- A bedspread.
So all these elements can be used together or separately or in various combinations. This is an example of a 5-in-1 system and it is very affordable.
The whole package is rather compact and it comes with a nice carry bag, but it is also heavy, it weighs 45.1 lb (20.5 kg). The cot is double-wide and the dimensions are quite typical for such a type (L x W) 76 x 53.5 inches (193 x 136 x 42 cm). Please follow the link for more details.
5. Ozark Trail Two-Person Cot Tent
Here you have a steel structure completely collapsible to a packed size which is (L x D) 50 x 11 inches (127 x 28 cm). So it remains a bit large only in one dimension. The weight is similar to other models here in the list, 40 lb (18.14 kg). The poles which support the fly are fiberglass. The capacity is 450 lb (204 kg).
The fly creates vestibules so you have plenty of space for gear storage. It also comes with a gear loft that attaches under the cot, and you also have a carry bag included. Please read more in my full review.
6. Tangkula 2-Person Outdoor Camping Tent Cot
Here you have a complete outdoor sleeping system. This Tangkula 2-Person Outdoor Camping Tent Cot comes as a set that includes the following: a double-size cot, a 2-person tent, 2 sleeping bags, 2 pillows, a sleeping pad, covers for the sleeping pad and pillows, and a foot pump.
This is a 4-in-1 system because all these elements you can use separately or combine with the other elements. This is a collapsible design and the tent which you see in the picture above separates from the double-cot.
It allows for the awning configuration shown in the pictures. You have 4 windows and one door, and this all comes at a great price.
Here are some numbers: the weight is 50.5 lb (23 kg) for the whole set, the bed size is 76 x 57 inches (193 x 145 cm). Please follow the link for more.
7. Tangkula Two Person Tent Cot
This is a very new item on the market, it appeared in 2017, and it is with the most affordable price here. The frame is a sturdy aluminum structure, very similar to the Kamp-Rite Double model shown above.
The really cool feature you have here is the awning setup when the fly is on, you can see it in the picture. The other great feature is the elevated ceiling with the two poles which make an X-structure, so you can sit inside.
- The cot you have here is the smallest in the group.
- Very affordable price.
- The lightest in the group.
- Weight: 40 lb (18.14 kg).
- Capacity: 500 lb (227 kg).
- Cot size (L x W): 81.5 x 46.5 in (207 x 118 cm).
- Tent peak height: 31 in (79 cm).
- Packed size in the bag: 49 x 32 x 8 in (124 x 81 x 20 cm).
8. Timber Ridge 2 Person Quick Setup Full Fly Cot Tent
This Timber Ridge 2 Person Quick Setup Full Fly Cot Tent can be described as both folding and collapsible structure. The collapsible part is the tent while the double cot is folding.
You have 2 doors, a full-coverage fly with vents, the cot’s frame is steel, and the tent’s frame is fiberglass. A carry bag is included.
It comes with a gear loft and storage pouches. It weighs 45.42 lb (20.6 kg) and the capacity is 2 people up to 600 lb (272 kg) of weight.
You might need double sleeping bags and double pads
With such double-wide sleeping platforms, you can use ordinary single sleeping bags and pads. But for couples, it may be interesting to use double-wide tools.
So how to choose?
After seeing all 2 person cot tents presented here, how to choose?
- If the storage space and transport space is crucial, you should consider the collapsible models here, the Kamp-Rite Compact and Ozark Trail Two-Person.
- If you and your partner are short and not big in size in general, or if this is about a mother with a kid, consider the Tangkula 2 person tent-cot.
- All others are very similar, the Cabela’s tent-cot is the largest, but it is with the lowest tent, which is not so great.
- The Winterial gives more comfort than the others, and I love the awning feature.
Editor’s Choice double-tent cot
Tangkula 2-Person Outdoor Camping Tent Cot
Product Name: Tangkula 2-Person Outdoor Camping Tent Cot
Product Description: Tangkula 2-Person Outdoor Camping Tent Cot is a complete outdoor sleeping set with a cot, a tent, 2 sleeping bags, 2 pillows, and a sleeping pad, and this all at a great price.
Weight - 6.5/10
Bed size - 8.5/10
Capacity - 7/10
Packed size - 7.5/10
Ease of use & features - 9/10
My overall rating is Very Good, but I do have some objections.
- Great price.
- Very versatile system.
- Some really cool features.
- Tall tent.
- Enough space for two people.
- Single door.
- No mesh on the door.
- No vents.
- No info about waterproof rating.
User Review( votes)
This list will be updated as some new models appear on the market, so please bookmark this post and visit it from time to time.
Thank you for reading. In the case of questions or comments, please use the comment box below.